The Classe 9 Commercial Espresso Machine by Rancilio Group North America expands on the Classe 7 in Rancilio’s “Classe” series of espresso machines. You will find the look of the Classe 9 espresso machine similar but with additional features such as LED lighting on the frame as well as in brewing areas. Rancilio Classe 9 espresso machine is manufactured with the same quality ergonomics, craftsmanship and materials of the Classe 7, but then builds upon that foundation by employing a digital display with an abundance of barista tools. Simplify the brewing process by providing your barista with a shot timer, two hot water temperature adjustments (USB model) and automatic frothing steam wand (optional). The Rancilio Classe 9 commercial espresso machine will also save you money in repair services with features such as the equipment diagnostics program and softener regeneration prompt. Compare the Rancilio Classe 9 2 Group Volumetric Dosing (USB) machine with others in the same price range.
|Group Height||Traditional (all models) or Tall/Raised Height (USB only)|
|Color Options||Stainless Steel Body Only|
|Dosing Operation||Semi-Automatic or USB Volumetric Dosing|
|Steam Wand||Standard, Cool Touch, or iSteam|
- 5 Key Drink Selection (Volumetric Dosing): The 5 key has four programmable buttons per group for barista convenience and preferred drink volumes. You can choose to program traditionally, which would be a single and double ristretto, and a single and double long or decide to create your own preferred selections. The Right (Stop) is your manual button. This button can be used to stop a pour, rinse your group after brewing or to brew beverages manually. This button can also be disabled.
- Barista Lighting: A lighted deck with backlighting of operation buttons. This extra feature provides baristas with a clear and very important view of product quality and creates a beautiful ambience in dimmer atmospheres.
- Digital Display (Volumetric Dosing Only):
- Locking Steam Handle (Clever): Move the Clever up to lock your wand open. Direct it down to pulse or purge your steam wand. Locking the lever in place not only offers baristas physical relief but frees them to utilize both hands for steaming to build textures in dairy and non-daily offerings. The ability to lock your steam wand is a favorite feature for many equipment owners and baristas.
- Pre-Infusion (Volumetric Dosing Only): This feature comes disabled but can be enabled in advanced programming.
- Soft Infusion System: Provides you peace of mind over quality and product consistency, no matter who operates your machine. Soft Infusion System addresses a common concern for espresso businesses. Water hitting coffee grounds at full pressure can act like a drill creating holes through the coffee bed. These channels will create an uneven coffee saturation which will effect your brewing time and the taste of your coffee. The purpose of the soft infusion system is to postpone water at high pressure from initially being introduced to the coffee grounds. The Soft Infusion Systiem is made up of a chamber inside the brew group which is placed before the shower screen. When you begin to brew, the water enters the chamber first, which dramatically reduces the force of the water down to just a gentle wetting on the the gounds bed. This wetting prepares the grounds before normal brewing pressure. Only once the chamber fills, will the machine operate at full pressure.(appoximately 9 Bar). By slowly introducing water to the coffee bed, this also allows the water to evenly saturate your coffee, correcting any fissures or air pockets caused by uneven tamping.
- Steady Brew: A new group head design by the engineers at Rancilio. The purpose of the Brew Steady feature is to help stabilize brewing temperature beyond the traditional temperature consistency offered by a commercial espresso machine designed with heat exchanger system.. Traditionally, technicians were limited in adjusting brewing temperature. This redesign incorporates a way for the technician to eliminate or plug the feature so you can manipulate your temperatures up or down. Learn more about the new Steady Brew feature here:
- Tilted Portafilters: A feature you will find on many quality espresso machines. Ergonomically designed to prevent strained angles or harmful repetitive motion for baristas. A secondary benefit is that the portafilter will sit on the counter holding the basket level. A great feature if you prefer to tamp on the counter.
- USB (Volumetric Dosing Only): Download information from your espresso machine to a USB stick for counters, errors and values for business and technical analysis. Back up feature, saves only programming values if for some reason they were accidentally erased, electronics were replaced or for duplication on multiple machines. Also used by technicians for necessary software updates.
- 4 Position T-Switch Knob:
- Cup Warmer: Your boiler is insulated but it will heat your ceramic cups when placed above your Classe 7. If you find that they are not warm enough, this optional cup warmer will be your answer.
STEAM WAND OPTIONS
- Cool Touch Steam Wand which comes standard on all Classe 7 espresso machines.
- iSteam Wand is an automatic steam wand that allows you to program for both foam texture as well as desired temperature. The iSteam does all the work for you. This all-in-one steam wand is a good choice for those wishing to simplify the drink preparation process freeing hands for other activities. Be aware that the iSteam will take longer than heating and frothing manually. Available on both semi-automatic and USB models
Rancilio models include a one year limited parts warranty. Your warranty will begin upon the date of installation as stated in the installation form or 90 days from the date of purchase, whichever comes first. The Rancilio Group warrants that the equipment it has manufactured will be commercially free of defects in material and workmanship within the applicable warranty period. These warranties do not apply to any equipment that, in the Rancilio Group’s judgment, has been affected by misuse, neglect, alteration, improper installation or operation, improper maintenance or repair, damage, or casualty. For more information on your equipment warranty and a complete list of warranty exclusions, please reference the full warranty statement.
ESN Extended Warranty: Our extended warranties come complimentary with your purchase and are provided to enhance Rancilio's product warranty. Your ESN Extended Warranty is clearly stated on your invoice and will address labor, travel, and part service . Warranties are adjustable and will vary from machine to machine.